Saturday, August 12, 2006

UPS is harshing my mellow

Wow…what a rollercoaster of emotions this morning!

I came in to work today to pick up some overtime, and I was playing on the computer because Saturdays are slooooooow. I was checking the status on my order from Campmor, which was scheduled to arrive yesterday. Much to my surprise (and horror), the tracking site said that the package had arrived at my house yesterday at 9:07 PM. Shoot, I was getting ready for bed at that time! Everyone at my house was home, and no one heard a knock or the doorbell, and when I left for work this morning there was no package outside. Stupid freakin' UPS. Who leaves a package in plain sight of the road at night without knocking to see if the people are home?! ARGGGGHHHH!!!!

Of course I was trapped at work and couldn't leave to look for the package: torture!!! My mom and dad checked outside the front door and on the back porch (the site said it was delivered to the front door) and didn't find anything. I was pretty devastated at that point and took a few minutes to calm myself before I called Campmor to find out if they had insured the package. They didn't, but they're going to send the UPS driver out to check where he left the package…and Campmor is going to replace my order at no cost to me. I wanted to hug the guy on the other end of the phone when he told me that :) I had been sitting here thinking how expensive that stuff was going to be if I had to pay for it twice!

Well, now I've experienced my first Peace Corps related theft, cross your fingers for me that it will be my last!!

Moral of the day: UPS sucks, and Campmor rocks hardcore!

No comments: