Sunday, August 13, 2006

and the lessons continue...

UPS update:
Yesterday evening while I was out babysitting, a super nice random gentleman pulled up to my parents’ house and dropped off two packages for me that had been delivered to his house. Was his name Amber Schmitt? No. Does he live at my address? No. Uncool UPS, uncool. Luckily for me the dorkos delivered my packages to someone who was both honest and nice enough to drop the boxes off at my house. I love you random older package-dropper-offer guy!!

In related news: the new Teva Dozers (shoes) that came in one of the packages are amazing. I tormented myself over which size to get since I couldn’t try them on in a store, but luckily I eventually chose correctly :)

Also…I have just about finished my Peace Corps shopping. I have all of the clothes that I will be taking. Pheew…I got a little panicked when I realized that on the first day of summer stores started putting away their summer clothes (what the heck?).

The world is a strange strange place…but hey, I’ve learned a lot of things this summer (i.e. how to change a flat tire, what to do if your UPS packages never show up, how to say ‘cat and kitten’ in French, etc etc.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm going to Cameroon as an agroforestry volunteer too! Just found out 2 days ago. I don't have a blog set up yet, so email me at lesliemerzig@gmail.com. It would be great to chat with someone before going. Also, how did you get connected with PCVers in Cameroon? Hope to hear from you soon, leslie