Wednesday, August 09, 2006

thinking about goodbye...

I’m having one of those annoying days when leaving seems pretty terrible. It’s hard to imagine not being able to talk to my sister on the phone when the urge hits me…or have a movie night with Betsy…or IM with Jess till late in the night. I’m going to miss everyone a lot. I expect you to write tons and tons to make me feel better. D’accord? (ok?)

(Clarification: the ‘act’ of leaving…as in ‘leaving everyone behind’ is what sounds awful…not the going to Cameroon part!)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still so excited that I could explode at any second. The more that I talk with PCVs in Cameroon and the more research I do about Cameroon, the more excited I get. It’s going to be a pretty sweet adventure. (Tons of work…but still amazing)

But man…there is a lot to do still! As a crazy planner, I’ve had my packing list set for weeks, but I still need to finish buying a few things. You know...the hard to find things. Gah!

Also, I’ve been working on my will and power of attorneys. Oh yeah…the will is fun. My family was just thrilled to talk to me about that one. You should try it sometime; it’s a real mood lifter!

Every time that I think about having to leave my poor baby kitty behind I get all teary. That’s dumb, I hate crying…but she’s my baby! I wish that I could explain to her that I’m not abandoning her. Poor baby, I already miss her.

Speaking of crying…I have my French class again tomorrow. It’s going well, but I moved up to a harder level class and it scares the crap out of me. The whole class is conducted in French, and I don’t know if you guys know this or not…but I don’t speak French! (yet) :)

1 comment:

Jake said...

I'll trade ya. You can learn Azuri...I'll take French over that any day.