Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bonjour!

It’s French day! Unfortunately, I haven’t had a ton of time to study lately because I’m busy receptioning (new word!)…also known as ‘sitting and waiting for the phone to ring so that I can push the little green button’…and making files so that I can then file them and cut my fingers on them. I keep telling me boss that all of the cuts on my hands make me eligible for workman’s comp, but she’s not really going for it. Whatever.

I was getting my hair cut the other day and the hairdresser told me that she thought that going to Africa was the worst idea she had ever heard. Mostly she thought it was awful because she was worried about my safety, but I was still amused that she just flat out told me that it was an awful idea. She and two other ladies then told me that I should run for president when I get back. I love that idea…I won’t be old enough, it won’t be election year, and I have no interest in being in politics! But at least I have 3 votes already :)

Yesterday they thwarted a terrorist attack in England. Yay for them! Boo for me! Now we’re not allowed to take liquids of any kind in our carry-ons. Ah!! I was planning to pack things like hand sanitizer, toner, and other heavy liquids in my carry-on in order to keep the weight down in my checked luggage…plus I want them on me in case my checked luggage gets lost. There goes that plan! At least they haven’t banned IPODs on planes in the US yet like they have in England. Man that would be an awful long flight to Paris without music!

No comments: