Monday, October 02, 2006

Afriiiiccaaaa!!!




Wow guys, I am in Africa. Africa!!!

So after more than 24 crazy hours of travel, I have safely made it to beautiful Yaounde, Cameroon. We flew Air France which was freakin' awesome. We all had our own TVs on which we could choose to start movies when we wanted, play video games, listen to music, and watch tv programs. It was all very fancy. I stayed awake during both 7 hour flights, but I was in the middle rows so I couldn't see out any of the windows. Bummer.

For those of you keeping track at home, today I got my typhoid and Hep A(1) shot. Yum yum.

Ooo...food adventures!!: I ate an avocado with a spoon yesterday. Just so you all know, they are slimy and taste kind of like squash--not my favorite food. We've also had scrawny chicken, fish (mmm...), paw paw, and other wonderfully random Cameroonian food. So far my stomach is handling the food change perfectly (knock on wood).










I'm getting my cellphone today, so e-mail me if you want the number!

Love ya guys :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I want the number! I was thinking about you all weekend. (and as long as you're in Africa, I'll always be thinking about you) but, I kept listening for any planes that may have crashed into shark/jelly fish/sting ray/ crocodile/any other deadly animal infested waters. Luckily no planes crashed. I'm really glad that you made it over there all in one piece. So let me know if there are any funny reactions to the shot. I need to know this for when I start getting my shots. I miss you like crazy, the office just isn't the same without you. Lacey really misses you. Keep us posted! Miss ya, love ya, watch out for mail :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,

You made it and it sounds like you are really okay!! Thats Great!!
How is the weather and your bunkers like??

Take care Kid,

Love always
Aunt Mary and Uncle Leroy

Andrea said...

A Cell Phone? And you call yourself a PC volunteer (just kidding, I'm probably going to get one too!) Technology these days...

scowan said...

Happy Birthday! --Skip

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Amber
Did send you some mail!!
Love Always

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Amber
Did send you some mail!!
Love Always

Anonymous said...

Sorry I guess Iam not used to this blogging.!!! Thant was us twice!!

Aunt Mary & Uncle Leroy