Friday, June 30, 2006

It was the best of times...it was the worst of times...

Today, on my 100th day of waiting, I got my medical clearance.

And today, on my first day of being medically cleared, I got a phone call telling me that it’s a restricted clearance and that they don’t know if they will be able to get me a placement or not.

Today was the best morning ever when I got the original clearance news, and a pretty hard afternoon after I got the second half of the news. I’m not going to lie, I was pretty devastated.

If I quick sign up for a college French course, I will still have a chance of getting an African September placement. Of course there is no guarantee that after I put down hundreds of dollars and tons of hours, that I’ll actually end up with a French speaking assignment.

Some of the people close to me who have watched me be tormented by the application process don’t understand how I can keep going when I keep meeting one setback after another. It’s very simple, this is important to me, and you don’t give up on a dream just because of a few hurdles.

I’m still super excited, and I still can’t wait to leave, I’m just a little sad right now while I wait for things to finally fall into place. It’s going to happen soon, I can feel it!

No comments: