Tuesday, June 27, 2006

97 days and counting!

Once again, my loyal readers, I have an update. Of course, to follow suit with all of my other posts, it is a ‘still frozen in PC land’ update!

My best buddy Mr. Medical Screening Assistant has informed me that it will be another month before I hear anything about my file. He also said that the deadline to get my clearance is August 1st. In other words, if I’m not cleared by August, I don’t leave in September. Interestingly, he said not to call again till July 20th if I haven’t heard anything. At that point if I’m not cleared and they want anymore information for me, I don’t think that there is any possible way for me to get that taken care of before the Aug 1 deadline (due to my job).

In happier news, it is my (totally uneducated) opinion that since my clearance deadline is so late, my nomination must actually be for late September! Armed with this, and previous PC mumbo jumbo, it is my extremely well educated (but uninformed) opinion that the country I am nominated for is Benin. Don’t write that down yet, I’ll let you know in a month! :)

Lately I’ve gotten several encouraging e-mails from other PC nominees/invitees who have had problems with medical and have survived to tell the story. Knowing I’m not alone is a wonderful thing.

No comments: