Sunday, November 19, 2006

sigh of relief

I want to start with a big thank you to everyone who has sent me e-mails supporting my decision to leave. Knowing that you guys are supporting me in my decision makes such a difference. It's not that I thought that you wouldn't support me, I just wasn't sure that I could really make you understand what I was feeling all the way out here. Everyone here has been really nice too...like the PCV that I stayed with last week in Mozogo was amazed that I was still around because as she said I'd ‘already been through twice as much as most PCVs go through in their entire 2 years.'

I packed up all of my stuff this morning and am ready to head out as soon as the peace corps gives me the word. I haven't contacted them yet because I think that they will want to hide me as soon as they find out, and I still wanted to do goodbyes and buy some souveniers...so I will call them this afternoon. It is possible that our safety/security officer is still up here in the north and that I might get to travel down to yaounde with her. That would be absolutely ideal because she is sooo nice and speaks english and would be simpathetic to my situation.

I can't wait to get home to celebrate Christmas, use a washing machine, eat American food, and watch Grey's Anatomy-- and I can't wait to see everyone!

No comments: